Health Care Application Process
Once you’ve figured out if you qualify, applying for VA health care benefits is easy. Find out how to apply.
- Find out if you qualify. Check your eligibility.
- Gather the documents listed below that you’ll need to fill out the application for VA health care benefits (Form 10-10EZ).
What documents and information do I need to apply?
- Your most recent tax return
- Social Security numbers for yourself and your qualified dependents
- Account numbers for any current health insurance you already have (like Medicare, private insurance, or insurance from your employer)
Ready to apply?
Are you a caregiver?
This form's not quite ready for you yet. Find the form you need.
Other ways to apply
Call the vets.gov Help Desk at 855-574-7286, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (ET) to get help with your application.
Download VA Form 10-10EZ. Print the form, fill it out, and send it to this address:
- Health Eligibility Center
- 2957 Clairmont Rd., Suite 200
- Atlanta, GA 30329
How do I update my information if I’m already signed up?
To update your personal, insurance, or financial information from an earlier application, fill out a 10-10EZR.
How do I apply as a caregiver?
To apply for health care as a caregiver, you’ll have to fill out VA Form 10-10CG. To download this form, you must follow these steps.
How to download the form
- Right click on the link to the form (below).
- Choose your browser’s download option:
- On Internet Explorer: Choose Save Target As…
- On Firefox or Chrome: Choose Save Link As…
- On Safari: Choose Download Linked File As…
- Choose where you want to save the file on your hard drive.
- Click Save. Double click on the downloaded file to open it.
What happens after I apply?
You can manage your VA health care online. This means you can refill a prescription, send a secure message to your health care provider, or check the status of a disability or pension claim.