Schedule a VA Appointment
If you’re a Veteran with VA health care benefits, you can make health care appointments in many ways. If you don’t have VA health care benefits, you can apply now.
Apply for VA health care.
Are you in crisis?
- Call the Veterans Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255, then press 1 to talk to someone now.
- Get private support online with the confidential Veterans Chat.
- Text 838255 to get help right away.
- Call 911.
- Go to the nearest emergency room.
How to schedule by phone
You can call the VA health facility where you want to receive care. This is usually the quickest way to make all your VA appointments. If you can’t keep an existing appointment, please contact the facility as soon as possible to reschedule or cancel.
Find your VA health facility’s phone number.
How to schedule online
VA now offers online scheduling for some appointments and facilities. We hope to expand the number of VA facilities and types of appointments in the future.
If you have VA health care benefits, you can schedule a VA primary care appointment online if you meet all of the requirements listed below.
Both of these must be true:
- You’re scheduling your appointment with a VA medical facility that accepts online scheduling.
Find out if your VA medical center accepts online scheduling, and
- You’ve had an appointment at that VA medical facility within the last 2 years
And, you must have one of these free accounts:
How to schedule through secure messaging
If you have a Vets.gov account or a My HealtheVet Premium account, you can send secure messages to your health care team about non-urgent, health-related questions like scheduling and canceling appointments.
Send a secure message or sign up now through:
Please note: These online tools allow you to schedule only VA appointments. If you have appointments with non-VA facilities through the Community Care Program, please contact that health care facility directly.
Learn how the Community Care Program works.