Health Care Application Process
Once you’ve figured out if you qualify, applying for VA health care benefits is easy. Find out how to apply.
- Find out if you qualify. Check your eligibility.
- Gather the documents listed below that you’ll need to fill out the application for VA health care benefits (Form 10-10EZ).
What documents and information do I need to apply?
- Your most recent tax return
- Social Security numbers for yourself and your qualified dependents
- Account numbers for any current health insurance you already have (like Medicare, private insurance, or insurance from your employer)
Ready to apply?
Other ways to apply
Contact the Health Eligibility Center at 877-222-8387, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (ET) to get help with your application.
Download VA Form 10-10EZ. Print the form, fill it out, and send it to this address:
- Health Eligibility Center
- 2957 Clairmont Rd., Suite 200
- Atlanta, GA 30329
How do I update my information if I’m already signed up?
To update your personal, insurance, or financial information from an earlier application, fill out a 10-10EZR.
What happens after I apply?
You can manage your VA health care online. This means you can refill a prescription, send a secure message to your health care provider, or check the status of a disability or pension claim.