Health Care Application Process
Once you’ve figured out if you qualify, applying for VA health care benefits is easy. Find out how to apply.
- If you haven’t done so already, check to see if you qualify. Check your eligibility.
- Gather the documents listed below that you’ll need to fill out the application for VA health care benefits (Form 10-10EZ).
What documents and information do I need to apply?
- Your most recent tax return
- Social Security numbers for yourself and your qualified dependents
- Account numbers for any current health insurance you already have (like Medicare, private insurance, or insurance from your employer)
What if I need help filling out my application forms?
Call our toll-free hotline at 877-222-VETS (877-222-8387), Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (ET).
Get help from an accredited representative (a trained professional trusted to help with VA-related claims). Request a representative.
Ready to apply?
You can start your online application right now.
Are you a caregiver of a post-9/11 Veteran or Servicemember?
You may qualify for VA health care and other benefits. View the Application for the Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers (VA Form 10-10CG).
Other ways to apply
Call the Vets.gov Help Desk at 855-574-7286, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (ET) to get help with your application.
Print the form, fill it out, and send it to this address:
- Health Eligibility Center
- 2957 Clairmont Rd., Suite 200
- Atlanta, GA 30329
What happens after I apply?
If you’ve also applied for a VA pension or disability benefits, you can check the status of those claims online. Check the status of your claim.
How long does it take VA to make a decision?
How do I update my information if I’m already signed up?
To update your personal, insurance, or financial information from an earlier application, fill out a 10-10EZR. Download the 10-10EZR.