How to Apply for Health Care Benefits
Find out how to apply for VA health care benefits as a Veteran or Servicemember.
How do I prepare before starting my application?
- Find out if you’re eligible for VA health care benefits.
- Gather the documents listed below that you’ll need to fill out an Application for Health Benefits (VA Form 10-10EZ).
What documents and information do I need to apply?
- Your most recent tax return
- Social Security numbers for yourself and your qualified dependents
- Account numbers for any current health insurance you already have (like Medicare, private insurance, or insurance from your employer)
You can also apply:
Call our toll-free hotline at 1-877-222-VETS (1-877-222-8387), Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (ET) to get help with your application.
Fill out an Application for Health Benefits (VA Form 10-10EZ).
Download VA Form 10-10EZ.
Send it here:
Health Eligibility Center
2957 Clairmont Rd., Suite 200
Atlanta, GA 30329
Or get help through your state’s Department of Veterans Affairs.
Find your state’s Department of Veterans Affairs.
With the help of a trained professional
You can work with a trained professional called an accredited representative to get help applying for health care benefits.
Get help filing your claim.
What if I'm the caregiver of a post-9/11 Veteran or Servicemember?
You may qualify for VA health care and other benefits. View the Application for the Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers (VA Form 10-10CG).
What happens after I apply?
How long does it take VA to make a decision?
How do I update my information if I’m already signed up?
To update your personal, insurance, or financial information from an earlier application, fill out a Health Benefits Update Form (VA Form 10-10EZR).