Health Care Application Process
Once you’ve figured out if you qualify, applying for VA health care benefits is easy. Find out how to apply.
- If you haven’t done so already, check to see if you qualify. Check your eligibility.
- Gather the documents listed below that you’ll need to fill out an Application for Health Benefits (VA Form 10-10EZ).
What documents and information do I need to apply?
- Your most recent tax return
- Social Security numbers for yourself and your qualified dependents
- Account numbers for any current health insurance you already have (like Medicare, private insurance, or insurance from your employer)
What if I need help filling out my application?
Are you a caregiver of a post-9/11 Veteran or Servicemember?
You may qualify for VA health care and other benefits. View the Application for the Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers (VA Form 10-10CG).
Other ways to apply
Call our toll-free hotline at 1-877-222-VETS (1-877-222-8387), Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (ET) to get help with your application.
Apply by mail using an Application for Health Benefits (VA Form 10-10EZ). Download VA Form 10-10EZ.
Print the form, fill it out, and send it to this address:
Health Eligibility Center
2957 Clairmont Rd., Suite 200
Atlanta, GA 30329
What happens after I apply?
How long does it take VA to make a decision?
How do I update my information if I’m already signed up?
To update your personal, insurance, or financial information from an earlier application, fill out a Health Benefits Update Form (VA Form 10-10EZR). Download VA Form 10-10EZR.