Registering Your Business
There are many advantages to registering your small business with VA as a Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) or Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) through VA’s Veterans First Verification Program, including contract-bidding advantages with state and federal governments. You also get:
- Tax relief
- Improved access to capital
- Support for start-ups and small businesses poised for high growth and innovation.
VA’s committed to supporting small businesses owned by Veterans.
Are you eligible?
- You own 51% or more of the company being registered.
- You are or another Veteran is the highest-compensated individual in the company (or include a memorandum that explains why you are not).
- You are involved directly in the day-to-day operations of the company as well as strategic decisions.
- A Veteran holds the highest officer position in the company.
Who can apply
How it works
Contact a trained specialist who can coach you through the application process.