One-on-One Assistance

One-on-one assistance can help you transition by providing current perspectives on workplaces, targeted job-search techniques, coaching, and résumé building.

Are you eligible for personalized career guidance?

Yes, if:

  • You are a Veteran.
  • You are a Guard or Reserve member demobilizing after 180 days or more of active service.

Who is covered

  • You
  • Your spouse—only for the TAP Career Technical Training Track and some CareerOneStop services

How it works

There are many government and private resources available to you as you make this transition.

All Veterans

  • VA for Vets can help you find VA or other federal jobs.

  • American Job Centers (AJCs) offer interview practice, career counseling, and job-search help. Some of the nearly 2,500 AJC locations have offices with phones, résumé-writing tools, and free Internet access.

  • Private nonprofit organizations that have been thoroughly vetted can offer you advice, share connections, and help place you into a good job at no cost to you. The Call of Duty Endowment endorses groups that do a particularly good job of this.

  • Veterans Economic Community Initiative (VECI) liaisons can help you connect with local business leaders, schools, and nonprofit groups to maximize your education and economic opportunities.

Service-Disabled Veterans

Still in the service?

  • The Transition Assistance Program (TAP), which you can take before you leave active duty, offers one-on-one guidance.

Homeless Veterans

For information on all available VA benefits, contact VA career-and-training specialists at 1-800-827-1000.