Non-College Degree Programs

If you are a Veteran, Servicemember, or eligible dependent interested in non-college degree programs (such as EMT, HVAC repair, truck driving, and more), the GI Bill may pay all or a portion of your tuition.

Are you eligible for benefits?

Yes, if:

  • You qualify for the GI Bill.
  • You enroll, or plan to enroll, in a non-degree program at an approved institution.

Who is covered

You and your dependents

Available benefits

  • Significant tuition assistance
  • Books and supplies stipend

How it works

Benefits depend on which GI Bill program you use and the school you attend. VA pays you at the end of each month for the hours you have spent training, and provides a monthly housing allowance based on the location of the school. You may receive up to $83 per month for books and supplies.

Post-9/11 GI Bill: For training offered at non-degree schools, VA pays for in-state tuition and fees up to the national maximum.

Other GI Bill programs: VA pays a monthly rate that depends on your specific program and your length of active service. View current payment rates.