National Testing Program
If you had to take a test when you applied to a college or for a training course, we may pay you back for the cost of the test. Find out if you qualify for this benefit.
Can I get paid back for testing fees?
We’ll pay you back for the cost of exam and testing fees if you’re a Veteran or Servicemember and you qualify for the GI Bill.
What kind of benefits can I get?
Payment for testing fees, including:
- The cost to register
- The cost of specialized tests
- Administrative fees
How do I get this benefit?
We’ll charge your GI Bill benefit package for testing expenses. Learn about how we charge your GI Bill benefit package.
- You may need to provide your proof of payment.
- We’ll pay you back only for mandatory test fees.
We won’t pay you back for:
- Pretest costs (such as Kaplan tests)
- Fees to get scores quickly
- Optional items not required to take an approved test
We have approved and will pay you back for these tests:
- SAT (formerly “Scholastic Assessment Test”)
- LSAT (Law School Admission Test)
- GRE (Graduate Record Examination)
- GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test)
- AP (Advanced Placement Examination)
- CLEP (College-Level Examination Program)
- ACT (American College Testing)
- DAT (Dental Admission Test)
- MAT (Miller Analogies Test)
- MCAT (Medical College Admission Test)
- OAT (Optometry Admission Test)
- PCAT (Pharmacy College Admission Test)
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- DSST (DANTES Subject Standardized Tests)
- ECE (Excelsior College Examinations)
- PLA (Prior Learning Assessment) testing through learningcounts.org