Skip to Content
Your browser is out of date. To use this website, please update your browser or use a different device.
Get help from Veterans Crisis Line

If you are in crisis or having thoughts of suicide, visit for more resources.

This site is a work in progress. If you don’t find what you need, visit

Get help from Veterans Crisis Line

If you are in crisis or having thoughts of suicide, visit for more resources.

Thailand Military Bases

If your service involved regular daily security duty on the fenced-in perimeters of a U.S. military base in Thailand or Royal Thai Air Force Bases between January 9, 1962, and May 7, 1975, and you have an associated disease, you may be eligible for an acknowledgment of Agent Orange exposure and benefits.

Are you eligible for compensation?

Yes, if:

  • You served perimeter security duty on RTAF bases in Thailand, including U-Tapao, Ubon, Nakhon Phanom, Udorn, Takhli, Korat, or Don Muang.
  • You served perimeter security duty while stationed on a U.S. Army installation in Thailand.

Who is covered

You, your dependents and survivors

Available benefits

How it works

To receive benefits for diseases associated with Agent Orange exposure based on Thailand service, VA requires documents indicating daily work duties, performance evaluation reports, or other credible evidence showing the required perimeter security duty (for example, as a dog handler, a member of a security squadron, a member of a military police unit, or other related duties indicating regular security activity on a fenced-in perimeter).

Learn more


  • Need help determining exposure? VA will help you determine potential exposure to Agent Orange after you file a claim for disability benefits.
  • Find an accredited representative to help you.
Give feedback on this page

Please note: Content on this Web page is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to provide legal advice or to be a comprehensive statement or analysis of applicable statutes, regulations, and case law governing this topic. Rather, it’s a plain-language summary. If you are seeking claims assistance, your local VA regional office, a VA-recognized Veterans Service Organization, or a VA-accredited attorney or agent can help. Search Accredited Attorneys, Claims Agents, or Veterans Service Organizations (VSO) Representatives.