Skip to Content
Your browser is out of date. To use this website, please update your browser or use a different device.

This site is a work in progress. If you don’t find what you need, visit

If you are in crisis or having thoughts of suicide, visit for more resources.

U.S. Navy and Coast Guard Ships in Vietnam

If you served on a Navy or Coast Guard ship in the Vietnam area of operations, you may have been exposed to Agent Orange.

Are you eligible for compensation?

Yes, if:

You currently have one or more of these diseases, and

You served on ships or boats that were part of the Mobile Riverine Force, Inshore Fire Support Division 93, or had one of the following designations:

  • AGP (Assault Group Patrol/Patrol Craft Tender)
  • LCM (Landing Craft, Mechanized)
  • LCU (Landing Craft, Utility)
  • LCVP (Landing Craft, Vehicle, Personnel)
  • LST (Landing Ship, Tank)
  • PBR (Patrol Boat, River)
  • PCF (Patrol Craft, Fast or Swift Boat)
  • PG (Patrol Gunboat)
  • STABS (Strike Assault Boats)
  • WAK (Cargo Vessel)
  • WHEC (High Endurance Cutter)
  • WLB (Buoy Tender)
  • WPB (Patrol Boat)
  • YFU (Harbor Utility Craft)

Note: Even if your vessel is not included in the Mobile Riverine Force, Inshore Fire Support Division 93, or the above designations, it may still appear in VA’s alphabetized list of ships that were exposed to Agent Orange. Check to see if your ship was exposed.

Who is covered

You and your dependents

Available benefits

How it works

If you served on one of the vessels listed as exposed to Agent Orange, and have one or more of these diseases, VA presumes that your disease is related to Agent Orange exposure in service.

If you don’t currently have an Agent Orange–related disability, you and your family may still participate in the Agent Orange Health Registry.