Skip to Content
Your browser is out of date. To use this website, please update your browser or use a different device.

This site is a work in progress. If you don’t find what you need, visit

Board of Veterans’ Appeals

If you don’t agree with the Statement of the Case, you can file a Substantive Appeal (using VA Form 9) with the Board of Veterans’ Appeals. Make sure you read through all the instructions on the Statement of the Case. Download and print out VA Form 9.

Find your regional office.

The Board of Veterans’ Appeals (also known as BVA or the “Board”) will review your appeal and send you a letter with their decision. The Board is made up of lawyers who are experts in:

  • Veterans law
  • Reviewing benefit claims