Skip to Content
Your browser is out of date. To use this website, please update your browser or use a different device.
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Original Claim

If you’re a Veteran, a survivor of a Veteran, or a Servicemember with a disability who’s within 180 days of ending military service, you can file a claim to get benefits for that disability. The first claim you file for a certain disability is known as the original claim for that disability. File a claim now.